Commonly known symptoms, but what is causing them?
Learn about Infectious Diseases
Welcome to this introductory course and learn more about infectious diseases! This course shares insights on some of the viruses, bacteria, and parasites that have the most impact on our health. We start with an overview of these organisms and then zoom in on the most impactful ones. We cover diagnostics, basic treatments, public health issues, and – with the current pandemic at hand – COVID-19.
Key Concepts Covered:
- An introduction to infectious organisms
- Our immune system
- Health care responses
- Major health issues in the Philippines
- The organization of a national health system
Tip! Want to know in detail what’s in the course? Scroll down and click on ‘Expand All’ .
This course will take approximately 4 hours. Course materials are accessible for a month after date of enrollment.
This course is a basic introduction to the world of communicable diseases. Preferably, you have successfully finished “101: Genomics in Modern-Day Healthcare” before entering this course.
How Will You Learn?
This essential course will feature a combination of theory and self-tests. The course includes film, animation, exercises, and quizzes to help to embed learning and to deepen understanding of the key concepts.
In the bonus lesson, you will find extra material, such as links to additional information and the complete glossary.
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a final quiz. Achieving an 80% score will be rewarded with the PHIX Genomics Academy 104: Fundamentals of Infectious Disease Certificate, an important milestone in the PHIX Genomics Practitioner curricula. Also, a discount coupon of 15% for future course purchases is awarded.
This course is developed and owned by PHIX Genomics Inc., inspired by its mission to bring genomic innovations to the Philippines and SE Asia.
The PHIX Genomics Academy is happy to invite you to take this e-learning.
This course is based on material from external sources. We gratefully thank all institutions and organizations for their effortless input to further the field of genomics and help improve people’s lives all over the world. We have taken considerable care to make fair use for educational purposes only. Please contact us if you are the rightful owner of the used material and feel any infringement is at stake.
Ready to take the next step in your knowledge journey?
– Click ‘Lesson 1. The Basics to Understand the World of Infectious Diseases‘ to begin.
– You can pause any time you want, go forward, or back at your own choice.
– When you feel happy with the material and ideas covered in a step, press ‘Show next chapter’ to complete the topic and record your progress. You can then click ‘Next Topic’ to continue or press ‘Previous Lesson’ to return to the preceding lessons.
– At each lesson introduction, the ‘Back to Course’ button is available if you want to be redirected to this page. When on a subtopic page, ‘Back to Lesson’ brings you back to the lesson introduction.
– You can always return to any point in the course, even after completion of the course.
– There will be a final quiz at the end of the course, and more details will be provided once this step is reached.