“What is the calculus of innovation? The calculus of innovation is really quite simple: Knowledge drives innovation, innovation drives productivity, productivity drives economic growth.“William Brody (born 1944), Scientist
Technology has been evolving and industries, including healthcare, experience the benefits of using modern machines and software. Robotics, information technology, and artificial intelligence contribute to the design and development of automated tools and processes that make any task easier, faster, and streamlined – with the main goal of working towards work and life improvement in general. In this course, we will learn about advancements brought about by technology in genomics research and laboratory setting that has helped researchers work efficiently.
Key Concepts Covered:
- Advancements in PCR and sequencing
- Use of bioinformatics in genomics research
- Workflow automation advantages in the laboratory
- Effective laboratory design
Want to know first what’s in the course? Click on ‘Expand All’ and scroll down.
This course will take approximately 8 hours. Course materials are accessible for a month after the date of enrollment.
For a good understanding of terminologies and basic principles, it is advised to have already finished “105: Introduction to Molecular Biology”.
How Will You Learn?
The course includes film, animation, exercises, and quizzes to embed learning and deepen your understanding of the key concepts. There are knowledge checks where you take the role of a practicing doctor, with expert comments afterward, so that you can learn from the experts in the field.
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a final quiz. Achieving an 80% score will be rewarded with the PHIX Genomics Academy 205 Genomics Certificate. In the bonus lesson, you will find extra material, such as links to additional information and the complete glossary.
Finishing this course will grant you a certificate of participation. It is mandatory training to certify for all the curricula of the PHIX Genomics Academy.
This course is developed and owned by PHIX Genomics Inc., inspired by its mission to bring genomic innovations to the Philippines and SE Asia.
The PHIX Genomics Academy is happy to invite you to take this e-learning.
This course is based on material from external sources. We gratefully thank all institutions and organizations for their effortless input to further the field of genomics and help improve people’s lives all over the world. We have taken considerable care to make fair use for educational purposes only. Please contact us if you are the rightful owner of the used material and feel any infringement is at stake.
Ready to start working on your career?
– Click on ‘Lesson 1’ below to start the course.
– You can pause any time you want, go forward or back at your own choice.
– When you feel happy with the material and ideas covered in a step, press ‘Show next chapter’ to complete the topic and record your progress. You can then click ‘Next Topic’ to continue or press ‘Previous Lesson’ to return to the preceding lessons.
– At each lesson introduction, the ‘Back to Course’ button is available if you want to be redirected to this page. When on a subtopic page, ‘Back to Lesson’ brings you back to the lesson introduction.
– You can always come back to a step even after the end of the course.
– There will be a final quiz at the end of the course, and more details will be provided once this step is reached.