Can you explain this to your patient?
“This is a Real-Time PCR Coronavirus (COVID-19) CE IVD assay, an in vitro diagnostic test based on Real-Time PCR technology, developed for specific detection of SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA.
The probe system is based on the standard hydrolysis probe system known as TaqMan® Technology. The COVID19 specific probe is labeled with the FAM fluorophore and the internal control is labeled with the HEX fluorophore.”
You probably don’t want to nor need to.
But …. are you comfortable enough ordering something that you, a highly qualified professional, don’t really understand?
After having taken this course you will have this comfort. Likely, some of the concepts covered in this e-learning you are already -more or less- familiar with. Refresh your memories, or take the quiz first and try skipping the topic.
Key Concepts Covered:
- The current state of Molecular Biology
- The most common clinical biomolecular techniques
- Bioinformatics and its application explained
– Want to know first what’s in the course? Click on ‘Expand All’ and scroll down.
This course will take approximately 4 hours. Course materials are accessible for a month after date of enrollment.
For a good understanding of terminologies and basic principles, it is advised to have already finished “101: Genomics in Modern-day Healthcare”.
How Will You Learn?
The course includes film, animation, exercises, and quizzes to embed learning and deepen your understanding of the key concepts. There are knowledge checks where you take the role of a practicing doctor, with expert comments afterward, so that you can learn from the experts in the field.
In the bonus lesson, you will find extra material, such as links to additional information and the complete glossary.
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a final quiz. Achieving an 80% score will be rewarded with the PHIX Genomics Academy 105 Genomics Certificate. Also, a discount coupon of 15% for future course purchases is awarded. The course is necessary to qualify for some of the curricula of the PHIX Genomics Academy.
This course is developed and owned by PHIX Genomics Inc., inspired by its mission to bring genomic innovations to the Philippines and SE Asia. The PHIX Genomics Academy is happy to invite you to take this e-learning.
This course is based on material from external sources. We gratefully thank all institutions and organizations for their effortless input to further the field of genomics and help improve people’s lives all over the world. We have taken considerable care to make fair use for educational purposes only. Please contact us if you are the rightful owner of the used material and feel any infringement is at stake.
Ready to start working on your career?
– Click on ‘Lesson 1’ below to start the course.
– You can pause any time you want, go forward or back at your own choice.
– When you feel happy with the material and ideas covered in a step, press ‘Show next chapter’ to complete the topic and record your progress. You can then click ‘Next Topic’ to continue or press ‘Previous Lesson’ to return to the preceding lessons.
– At each lesson introduction, the ‘Back to Course’ button is available if you want to be redirected to this page. When on a subtopic page, ‘Back to Lesson’ brings you back to the lesson introduction.
– You can always come back to a step even after the end of the course.
– The final quiz at the end is the only part with a time limit, and more details will be provided once this step is reached.