A recent study carried by the University of California San Diego found that of 346 Phase I clinical trials, involving more than 13,000 patients whose treatment was selected based on the molecular characteristics of their tumor, benefited from the advantages precision medicines offer. The study observed that tumor shrinkage rates were 30.6% at treatment sites employing precision medicine, compared to the 4.9% of those that did not. It is well known that today, the more we personalize treatment to the patient and the tumor, the more we achieve better outcomes. We no longer have to wait for the “future”.
With results like these, there is no doubt that Oncology Genetics has become a hot topic in the clinical field.
Key concepts covered include:
- Cancer and the role of genetics.
- The development of Precision Oncology.
- Real-life cases of Precision Oncology.
- Risks and ethical observations regarding genomics.
This course will approximately take 45 minutes.
It is recommended that you have taken course 101 Genomics in modern-day healthcare first. This 102 course is a basic introduction to our advanced course 202 Precision Oncology. This e-learning has been developed for healthcare professionals with little or no recent genomics knowledge.
How will you learn?
The course includes film, animation, exercises, and quizzes to help you embed learning and to deepen understanding of the key concepts. There are knowledge checks where you take the role of a practicing doctor, with expert comments afterward, so you can learn from the experts in the field.
In the bonus lesson at the end you will find extra material, such as links to additional information, a glossary, and the sources of the videos and images of third parties.
Finishing this course will grant you a certificate of participation.
It is mandatory training to certify for all the curricula of the PHIX Genomics Academy.
This course is developed and owned by PHIX Genomics Inc., inspired by its’ mission to bring genomic innovations to the Philippines and SE Asia.
The PHIX Genomics Academy is happy to invite you to take this e-learning.
Ready to start working on your career?
– Click on lesson 1 below to start the course.
– You can pause any time you want, go forward or back at your own choice.
– When you feel you are happy with the material and ideas covered in a step, please ‘Mark as complete’. You can then click ‘next lesson’ to continue or return to earlier lessons.
– You can always come back to a step, even after the end of the course.
– The final quiz at the end is the only part with a time limit. This will be explained at the end of the course.